Shingeki no Kyojin 04: it's payback time! or is it?


I didn't expect Shingeki no Kyojin to not hold back at all.

Eren Jaeger has got to be my fave Kaji Yuji character now and Shingeki no Kyojin is definitely my fave Spring series this year. Eren, as a main character is pretty strong given his resolve and sticking to it as well as his growth throughout his training as a soldier. The flow of the story is being handled well  with no time to spare for any pointless scenes. Shingeki no Kyojin is always on the move with every action and development dedicated to Eren and his possible teammates to kill those titans.

There're mainly to points that really captured me in this episode. The first one is Eren's unexpected encouragement speech after their graduation. While a number of trainees were probably up for the comfortable life inside the walls, Eren never backed away from his goal right from the very beginning. Never been discouraged by the fear of his experience nor the difficulty of the training. Eren said:
You're just giving up because you think you can't win? It's true. We've suffered only defeats so far. That's because we knew hardly anything about them! We can't defeat them using sheer numbers. We may have lost, but the knowledge we obtained from those battles is our guiding beacon of hope. Yet you'd discard the tactical progress bought by hundreds of thousands of sacrifices just to serve yourself up on a silver platter? You've got to be kidding me. I'll kill every last one of them and break free of these walls! That is my dream! Mankind hasn't lost everything yet!
Those words actually encouraged some of the tops trainees to enlist in the Recon Corps. I doubt there'll be many of them since it's probably the most terrifying path out there - actually facing the titans outside the walls is like suicide. But aside from the revenge that probably got stuck in Eren's head, his drive to live outside the walls is pushing him to end the never ending fear of the titans that resided in the minds of mankind.

hisashiburi Colossal Titan :3 We finally meet again.

The second point that captured my attention in this episode is the reappearance of the colossal titan right in front of Eren himself. Despite the terrifying the appearance of the titan right after their graduation, Eren was not covered by fear. Maybe for a second there. But this is what he was working hard for, right?

With how that cliffhanger just made me want for more. I'm really hating myself for watching this weekly 'cause the wait is such a torture (but definitely not as much as the torture Chihayafuru just gave -_- ohgod) Okay. That's the end of me blabbering about how much I'm actually liking Shingeki no Kyojin :3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...