[Top Ten Tuesday] Books I’ve Read So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.

This week’s topic:  Books I’ve read so far this year. So far I’ve only read 38 books this year and around 11 of them are manga. I’ve also reread 1 book but I didn’t include that in the list. I’ll probably reread more books throughout the year anyway~

This time around, I’d like to arrange this list. While I don’t like arranging books to how much I like them, I think that it makes complete sense to do this and this is quite difficult.


Prodigy. Prodigy was an easy pick because I just read it and absolutely fell in love with it. I love the development of romance between Day and June. Prodigy also doubles the action, the romance, the secondary character love, and a lot more that maybe Legend failed to provide (realized it after I wrote the review~).
UnWholly. Just because it still packs the same greatness as Unwind! There were so much thrilling moments, more revelations, more great characters, more twists, and a lot more Connor love for me! XD
Red Rising. I love Red Rising’s world and its political aspects. I love Darrow, his development, but not his romance (Mustang is the least of my concern in this book, really). I love the pacing of this book. Makes me think that it’ll be a nice TV series (not that I watch TV series or anything aside from anime).
The Cuckoo’s Calling. This is like my second crime-fiction book and I just fell in love with this. This is the book I read the fastest so far this year (and I am not a fast reader!) – 2 half days :D how great is that? (nope, that has nothing to do with J.K. Rowling since I’ve NEVER read the Harry Potter series).
Legend. I’m having a difficult time recalling Legend right now but I’m pretty sure that I enjoyed it when I first read it (I’ll reread it sometime this year…). First off I love how it opened – Metias’ death with Day’s amazing skills :3 The meeting of Day and June is something I won’t forget, that’s for sure. I love their moments together. Legend also made me tear up a little especially at the end – it’s because of John.


Champion. I really love how Champion concluded the Legend trilogy. As I said in my review, it was the perfect ending and it’s how dystopian-romance books should end their series. Champion had the most feels for me – so much on Day’s part, June’s as well, and the ending was just so lovely that I can just read it over and over.
Before I Fall. I think this is an example of a young adult contemporary that I’ll forever love. I first didn’t appreciate it but as I go further into the story, I just slowly fall in love with it. I LOVE the development in Sam :D
Divergent. The number one thing I like about Divergent is its world. I love the separation of societies based on their core values. I think it’s something uniquely Divergent. Four is one of the fictional guys that I absolutely loved! XD Divergent has a really nice pacing – I enjoyed each moment of it :)
In the Shadows of Blackbirds. I love the idea of this book. I didn’t research its historical background but it does sounds quite believable. I love the imagery this book put me through and I love the photographs in the book – they’re purely historical, nothing exactly scary. Really. The climax and the ending are both so great. This really just makes me want to read more of Cat Winters.
Parasite. This is my first Mira Grant book and I really like its idea. Parasites in your brains~ Parasites taking over your body~ it’s so damn creepy that I just kept on reading although I do have to admit that there were moments when I’d stop for awhile on this one. This isn’t exactly so high on the thriller side but it is creepy, I tell you. Its lack of thriller probably makes me want to grab Symbiont already XD

*             *             *

How about you guys, what are your favorite books that you’ve read this year? :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...