[Flashback Friday] Kimi to Boku.

Flashback Friday is a weekly post where I talk about a book, manga, or anime series I’ve finished. This is more like me reminiscing on stuff I come across back then.

English Title: You and Me.
Studio:
J.C. Staff
Genre:
shounen, slice of life, comedy, drama, romance, school
Episodes:
13 (S1); 13 (S2)
Anime Director:
 Kanbe Mamoru
The story revolves around four teens — the good-looking twins Yuuta and Yuuki Asaba, the effeminate Shun Matsuoka, and the class head Kaname Tsukahara — who have known each other since early childhood. While they are not necessarily good or bad friends, they continue to hang out well into high school. The half-Japanese transfer student Chizuru Tachibana joins the circle of friends in this comedy about the everyday life of adolescence.

*             *             *

Kimi to Boku. was one of the first anime I wrote about when I started anime blogging. It’s just one of those shows that involve beautiful sceneries, pastel colors, laidback characters, plain everyday life, and a bunch of guys with nothing really special to do in life.

It’s an anime series that’s either a hit or miss. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

In 2011, Kimi to Boku. was one of those shows that I just fell in love with. While the first episode generally didn’t have anything special in it, it really grabbed my attention. Generally, I love how it changed it cute girls doing cute things to laidback guys doing girly-like things (orr something like that, in my opinion but they’re generally doing too girly things, if you get what I’m saying…).


Kimi to Boku. is a slice of life anime that involves guys as its main characters and I love each of them.
Looking back at Kimi to Boku.’s episodes, it certainly has one of the lovelies romance ever. The love triangle between Shun, Chizuru, and Masaki was really cute! It was definitely one of the things I look forward to here. There’s also that one romance episode on Yuuta which I really hoped continued. Yuuta is the most mature character and while his romance episode is totally one sided; I really hoped that something came out of it.

Kimi to Boku. also involves a good amount of very moving stories especially the Asaba brothers episode (which is in season 2). I think anime barely tackles sibling relationships and Kimi to Boku. certainly did a job well done.


This is definitely one of those series that I love looking back to. Setting aside the romance (which is like the best thing about this series), there are so much more about Kimi to Boku. that’s very likeable such as the mentioned sibling episodes; there’s also so much friendship going on in here. AND its S2 finale was also very memorable to me, definitely the most striking for me because of its theme – thinking about their future after high school.

*             *             *

How about you guys, is there any book, manga, or anime you’re reminiscing right now? OR is there anything that you were reminded of when I talked about Kimi to Boku.? What do you think of Kimi to Boku.? Do you have any favorite stories that bundles romance, life, friendship, and sibling relationship all together? :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...