[STACKING THE SHELVES] some of my supposedly MIBF2014 book haul.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted at Tynga’s Reviews.

I’m bitter. Yes, I know.
and this post is late. but who cares anyway? :P

I tried going for a book buying ban a few months ago because I was eagerly looking forward to attending the 35th Manila International Book Fair (MIBF). In the first couple of months, I miserably failed (LOL) but come September, I was able to save a decent amount of cash – maybe enough to get me at least 10 books. BUT unfortunately things happen – typhoons happen.

In other words, I wasn’t able to go to MIBF. SO I decided to go to the nearest bookstore and shop away some of my bitterness ( - ω - ).

Anna Dressed in Blood + Girl of Nightmares. I’ve been meaning to get my hands on these and now I finally have them! I’ve read good things about this duology!
Eleanor & Park. SOOOO this is another book I’ve been meaning to try. A LOT (AS IN A LOT) of people have been raving about this and recommending this which makes me really want to try it. OR maybe just try something about Rainbow Rowell. This is my first book by Rainbow Rowell and I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be good for me :)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. My first Jennifer Smith book! I never bother to care about this book until I saw Jennifer Smith coming to the country (but I never really bothered to go to the signing event~~). I read through the blurb and it sounds like a nice contemporary romance – sounds like something I’ll read.
The Eye of Minds.
I decided to pick this one up because I remember someone saying that this is like a YA book version of Sword Art Online.

{For Review}

Recent Read.
Avery by Charlotte McConaghy. Great characters + well developed romance + unforgettable ending = MUST READ! Review Here!
Current Read.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I’m almost done. I already know what’s going to happen since I’ve seen the movie. It was good honestly but not really something I’m adding to my fave list.
Next Read.
Following Zippy by C.B. Burdette. It sounds like another realistic fiction for me but it’s my first time to read something that involves a character having some kind of illness (nope, I haven’t read TFIOS so don’t ask and no need to recommend).
Insurgent by Veroica Roth. You know what? I’ve been telling myself that I’ll read this but I always set it aside. SO after the Hunger Games, I’ll definitely, definitely read this!



follow links:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...