[WAITING ON WEDNESDAY] An Ember In The Ashes

Series: N/A
Author:
 Sabaa Tahir
Genre:
 young adult, fantasy, romance, dystopia, science fiction
Expected Publication:
 April 28, 2015

I WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING I TELL EVERY SLAVE. 
THE RESISTANCE HAS TRIED TO PENETRATE THIS SCHOOL COUNTLESS TIMES. I HAVE DISCOVERED IT EVERY TIME.  
IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE RESISTANCE, IF YOU CONTACT THEM, IF YOU THINK OF CONTACTING THEM, I WILL KNOW  
AND I WILL DESTROY YOU.  
LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution. 
ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor. 
When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself. 

*             *             *

I'm Waiting Because: (1) I've read good things about this book, (2) the hype makes me want to read it, (I always get interested in hyped books), (3) sounds like there's another brave heroine right here, (4) that blurb sets off a pretty suspenseful read,


follow links:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...