[WEEKEND READS] I'm a Procrastinating Night Person

Hello,

I had a pretty stressful week. I ended up sleeping after school, waking up at 11PM or 12MN, THEN working on whatever project I was supposed to work on. Generally, I think this happened because I'm a procrastinating night person. Yup, perfectly reason.

But really, I need to work on my time management. Like today, I pretty much failed at that when I woke up at 8AM and get up at 10AM. Just how much time did I waste? Aside from that instead of actually working on my school homework (which is to be submitted tonight), I plainly read through How (Not) to Find a Boyfriend by Allyson Valentine. Now... Now I'm still procrastinating.
UnSouled (Unwind #3) | Neal Shusterman
Finally finished it last Thursday!! There were so many things going on and a few more characters introduced. I still don't feel confused although I have to admit that the number of events going on seems overwhelming at some point. But the ending and where everybody is at was just so great. Review will definitely be up this week!


How (Not) to Find a Boyfriend | Allyson Valentine
The story feels so cliche. Nora's smart BUT she wants to be popular. So when she moved schools, her plan: never admit to anyone that she's actually smart, dumb down her subjects from AP classes to regular ones, join the cheer squad, and date the hottest, most popular, and possibly one of the dubbest guy in school, Jake. But when Adam enters the equation, her plans changed OR has to change.
This novel feels like one of those books with annoying heroines (for me though). But I don't want to immediately judge it so much at this point. Nora's a 15-year old. It's that point of life where she needs to learn and really understand A LOT of things in life. Social status? High school romances? Let me see how this will go.
Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1) | Megan Crewe
The idea of aliens and time travelling sounds really interesting. The historical part of Earth & Sky isn't very captivating though. It doesn't exactly bring me to the past although which sucks. The alien idea also doesn't feel well executed. I'm more than 50% through and I don't feel that Win's an alien. I feel like a plain time traveler from the future. What's new anyway?
Nine Stories | J.D. Salinger
I generally think that I'm up for short stories like these. I've finished two so far and I know that there must be something more from that story that I'm possibly that getting. I feel so stupid I know. If you've read this, can you please help me out and maybe explain a thing or two on some of the stories.

Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) | Elise Kova
I had this on my last week end reads posts and I still haven't gone around it. I promise I will do so this time.
Gone Girl | Gillian Flynn
I haven't watched the film and at this point, I still don't plan to do so. But if you're read and watched both, please tell if which one I should get into first. I've read The Girl on The Train and it was highly compared to this one. I loved it and hopefully I'll love this more :)


*             *             *
How about you guys, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?


let's connect!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...